Ahhh. Hello blog. Hello writing. How I've been missing you. And how I need you!
Winter is in "full swing" you might say. Although, in my opinion, winter does not "swing."
Winter slugs along with the slowest of paces, with the slimiest of textures, draggggging my mind through some sort of thick, tar-like muck. Winter oooozes. Winter slurps, gurgles, dragggs.
So here I find myself, in gray, dark Seattle, in the dead DEAD of dreary winter.
And I am marveling at the fact that I've lived here almost 14 years! HOW??
It's funny looking at my last post, because it answers that very question. Summer keeps me here, plain and simple.
Oh dear god, my body just crawls through this intermediate stage of purgatory, just in the hopes of returning to my heaven - summer- after some indeterminable amount of good deeds.
Tonight after fighting sleep all day, feeling utterly lethargic, I am now sitting in front of my new "full spectrum light" (minus the harmful UV rays) and I'm attempting to lift my spirits even one ounce.
And I'm ordering fabric to make a raincoat. And that is that. I shall make it through my 13th winter if it kills me! I shall not be defeated by gray, I will live in bright color, I will live in bright light and sparkles.
I will live in the hopes and belief of heaven - summer -
I will live in the faith that summer exists.
And that shall keep me alive. Not "swinging," but alive.