Sunday, December 26, 2010

sweet relief.

Ahh. An incredible weight lifted. Christmas is over and I survived! Sadly, this is actually an accomplishment for me. Now I'm just happy and content as ever, but 2 days ago I was wallowing in despair... Why? I just couldn't shake the thought that I was far away from family & loved ones. Somehow I could not remember that I have loved ones HERE, and that I LOVE MY LIFE in Seattle. The weight of the holiday just pulled me down. But I spent time with a dear friend here and got myself up and around the house, started working on the raincoat I'm making, and even snuck in an awesome workout or two.

Not really sure how my brain can do that to itself - one minute be SO DOWN, and the next, be bouncing around dancing through the house. It baffles me. I suspect that this is somewhat normal, but I know (in winter mostly) I do tend toward depression, so I will start seeking out therapy again for that.

But for now, at least, Christmas is over, and NEW YEARS IS COMING!!