I'm trying to use journaling and my blog instead of using Facebook anymore for "status updates." I feel like I process things more when I can write more about them, and I know hardly anyone reads this, so I can be more open about my true feelings compared to Facebook.
Today I reached a big goal: fitting into an old pair of jeans (nearly). I've been working out for 8 weeks now, at least 3 days/wk at the gym, (sometimes 6 days/wk!) mostly doing cardio, but recently adding in weights and more strength training stuff. The scale has not shown much progress in terms of pounds, but I guess I must be "firming up" because my clothes are fitting a tiny bit better.
This is something I struggle with so much! I do love working out, but then I LOVE eating too (and not just healthy stuff), so even though I exercise regularly, I'm always carrying around an extra 10 pounds, probably from all that sushi, indian food, cookies, and wine :)
Perhaps I won't ever be size 2 or anything, but if I can firm up a bit more and lose the slight "muffin top" around my favorite jeans, that is all I want! At least I can button them now! Yay! Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!
On that note, it's actually sunny today (miracle) and I'm going for a run on my day off in the SUNSHINE, yeah!!
This will be a good start to the new year!