Wednesday, December 29, 2010

preparing for therapy.

Well, I did it. I emailed a new therapist. And we are setting up an appointment for January.

Now it begins.

Now it begins!!

Now it... begins?

I have been to a therapist maybe 4 or 5 times, back in... let's see... 2007 I think.

Which was awesome. But at the time, I had no insurance, was super busy with school and work, and couldn't continue. Plus, my therapist was a knock-out SUPER BABE, which also distracted me and caused me to blush every time I'd be pouring my heart out to him. (I still blush just writing this! Whew!)

Back then, I mainly focused on dealing with my problem at that time: seeing patients coming into the ER with severe trauma & death, etc. I didn't yet know how to process all of this info. (I was able to learn how to cope.)

Now, I'd like to delve into the every day grit of my life, and really pick apart my seasonal depression, anxiety, and self-loathing.

My therapist advertises that she deals with depression, and is also a life coach. Perfect! "Life coaching" has always sounded attractive to me, and coupled with therapy, I think this could prove to be useful. I like the idea that I'll be working with someone who is familiar with my issues, and ALSO takes on a role of encouraging me to achieve my goals, like a "coach!" Cheering me on. Yay!

I have so many expectations for this, and I guess I'm going to keep them high, and hope for the best.