Monday, June 15, 2009

Sourdough Pancakes - the best.

So I've been "babysitting" my boyfriend's sourdough starter while he has been out of town, and yesterday tried a sourdough pancakes recipe from the internet.

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!

The pancakes were kind of the consistency of crepes, with that lovely sour flavor that came from the starter.

WOW.

Now I want to make them every day, which is horrible for my weight, so I won't. But they're that good. I also put sour cream between them when I layered them on the plate, and then fruit and syrup.... wow!!!

Here's the recipe:

The night before, put 1 cup flour + 1 1/2 cups starter + one cup warm water. Let sit overnight, covered.

In the morning, take 1 1/2 cup of this mixture, and add the following:

1 egg, beaten
1 T sugar
1 T melted butter
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 T milk

cook on 400 degree griddle, or in my case, in a frying pan because I don't have a griddle.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!