Friday, January 30, 2009

treasure in resin

Today I am thinking about Faryn Davis' work - she is a jewelry artist that works in resin, found objects, & paint... Absolutely adore her work. The subtleties she achieves between the matte layers of resin is exquisite, absolutely beautiful. She did live here in Greenwood for awhile I believe, but now moved to Portland. Someday I will meet her. I even played in resin a bit myself this past year, just to try it (as you know I have to always try to make everything myself). I can't get any kind of effect like she gets, but it was fun (although very very very toxic and you need a special ventilator as I learned the hard way.)

Here are some beautiful examples of her work. More can be found at www.fernworks.org and can be purchased locally at places like Velouria, and the SAM gift shop.