Monday, November 16, 2009

itunes U

I just discovered the "itunes U," which is essentially different podcasts from various universities on various topics... available in the itunes store/library (many are free).

Very cool! I downloaded an entire Heidegger class from UC Berkeley... it's been so fun to review - (Heidegger was one of my favorite philosophers in college, as were the other existentialists and Kant.)

And wow, funny to find that I still feel the same way I used to about Sartre and Heidegger... such a profound impact they had (and now have) on my life.

I shall pull out my dusty copy of "Being and Time" and follow along with the class.

Ach I miss school days with endless discussions!!!

I will never forget reading Camus in high school... my window to future existentialism and continentalism. Had I never read that, I probably would have never been a philosophy major at all...