Friday, December 25, 2009

Goals

Thinking a lot about goals for the new year. And I'm realizing I just feel dead when I'm not taking a class or involved in school of some sort. The act of learning is energizing - even if I don't retain the information long-term. It's just about the process of studying, the idea that there are whole worlds of information waiting out there to be discovered. So inspiring. (yes, even though I won't remember most of it later.)

Major goal this year: focus on studying languages.

Spanish
Hindi

I'd like to be comfortable conversing in Spanish and Hindi.

I'd also like to be able to say basic phrases, meet & greet, etc. in French & German. I don't have any hope of being fluent, but I'd just like to know enough to be polite when traveling, and be able to take care of regular business like booking a train ticket or ordering food. Even if I can't hope to converse in French, I do feel that it's possible to learn basic phrases.


Another major goal is to focus on my own artwork. Pottery, painting, jewelry - even sewing. Keeping my creative mind active.


Today I just sat around after Nate left to go to work... I get sort of depressed to be alone on Christmas - miss the fam. We had a nice Christmas Eve & Christmas morning, but I still feel lonely tonight. But don't really feel like going out either. Just miss the family I guess.