Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Keith Johnson show, "Man Shops Globe."

One of my favorite Anthropologie window displays, sometime around April of '09
Close-up of "honey" jars - beautiful in afternoon light



So there is a new show right up my alley...

The buyer for my FAVORITE store, Anthropologie, now has a show that follows his adventures around the world. You know the big, antique one-of-a-kind furniture and decorative pieces you see in the stores? I think he is focusing on buying these items (as opposed to the clothing lines).

When I was a buyer for La Tienda I wanted so much to become something like him!! I have the utmost respect for his eye.

I must admit - on buying trips, I used to wish that our little imports store could become a more specialized anthropologie-esque boutique...

And my own home attempts to be somewhat of a showroom for La Tienda & Anthro... but it's mostly stuff I've brought back from abroad myself. I love having a story about every piece that I own.

Actually that reminds me of another favorite store (way above my price range)... downtown, called Alhambra - gorgeous, small-scale, same worldly but upscale style - beautiful, exquisite, tasteful, unique. Luscious fabrics, patterns, threads, gems.

Too bad I don't have Sundance channel, so I can't watch the premiere tonight - guess I'll have to find a way to watch it online afterwards.

Check out the website:

Man Shops Globe