Thursday, October 1, 2009

butternut squash ravioli: an amazing recipe find!


So... as you know, I hate cooking, because everything I make turns out disgusting. BUT last night I was craving butternut squash ravioli. I had eaten some last fall in an awesome restaurant on Capitol Hill (the name of which escapes me).

It's the perfect thing for a cold, rainy dark night in Seattle. I just googled "butternut squash ravioli," and happened to choose this recipe!

I didn't use wonton wrappers, and instead opted to make my own whole-wheat pasta dough, because I have a cute ravioli stamp thing.

But the filling turned out absolutely delicious! I think the goat cheese gave it an extra savory kick. And the sage was the perfect spice. (notice this calls for aged and not fresh goat cheese.)

Then tonight I used the leftover filling and put in in a tortilla as a burrito, and dipped it in some taco sauce... delish!

Here is the recipe address: Butternut squash ravioli.