Tuesday, May 26, 2009

sunny side up

In a twist and turn of reality, I suddenly have a place to live, thanks to my dear friend K. I'll move into the other bedroom in her apt on Eastlake, and she'll be gone for summer quarter, so I'll have the place to myself for a few months. And for a fantastic price. The lake is so close and pretty - I'm quite happy about this arrangement. Then come November, we'll assess and may part ways or find other places, depending on the employment situations, etc.

A gigantic weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I shall sleep better now. Financially this is a huge help to me, simply because I don't have to pay first, last and deposit at a time when I still don't have full time work.

Now I do not mind so much that I have a few days off in June - I can afford it. And days off is good for the soul - good for MY soul after these last 3 years of school.

Hard to believe school will be OVER in less than ONE MONTH!! It has flown by.

I feel changed. A different person.

I used to say (after college) that I still felt like I was 15.

Now I don't. I'm not sure what happened, but I grew up. I lost some of my innocent hopefullness, my desire for beauty and balance - but I gained experience, and perhaps a little self-control and wisdom.

I am seasoned. I am feeling like it's appropriate that I'm turning 30.

A whole new decade, a whole new life ahead.

Who knows what the future will hold.

And for now, it's sunny side up.