Friday, December 28, 2007

the crocodile dead, wtf??!

he Crocodile? Dead? What?

what the heck, apparently when i was out of town last week and wasn't able to tune in failthfully to John in the Morning on KEXP, The Crocodile, Seattle's legendary music venue that helped launch Nirvana, other grunge sceners, Death Cab, Band of Horses, etc... has CLOSED ABRUBPTLY???? what the heck??? just out of the blue, put a padlock on the doors and cancelled all further shows???

CRAP!

i'm in shock! i wanted to go to David Bazan's show, but didn't make it because I was too pooped after working a double shift, but had I known it would be THE CROC'S LAST SHOW... i would have definitely made it down there...

this is another sad day for seattle. if that damn place gets turned into another 20 story high rise of condos, i'm going to head over to Mayor Nickels' place personally and tell him I'm moving away from this condo-crazed culture starved town. i'm sure he'll be sad to lose me, but still. i'm usually celebrating his transit propositions, but this condo business is out of control.

and you watch me do it too, since I am now schoolmates with his next door neighbor and I happen to know what he served for thanksgiving dinner.

hmmph.

but rumor has it it's because of the crazy owner's pending divorce.... or perhaps because her bad bookkeeping skills and yada yada, and I guess Neumo's has been stealing mid-sized acts in the last few years...

holy crap. the Croc is where I introduced my two friends, Jamie (girl) and Jamie (boy), who fell in love and got married and are now headed to Africa as peace corps volunteers.

damn it, remember the Sit n Spin? and now the Croc? what's next, the Showbox? I don't even like Neumos, I think the space feels too crowded and boxy...

sometimes this town pisses me off.